Monday 21 January 2013

A Last Reminder Of Christmas.

On the weekend I popped into my local Tescos for the weekly food shop and to have a browse at the baby event offers and I found myself scrolling the beauty aisle.
I came across the last of Treacle Moon limited edition Christmas shower gels & fell in love with Warm Cinnamon Nights.
I think this was reduced by 50 pence, although the original price of £2.99 is still very reasonable for a 500ml bottle.

I've not owned any Treacle Moon products before, but from what I can see its very similar to Boot's "Little Bubble Company" when it comes to packaging. Both products are housed in the same transparent bottle with equally cute designs. 
It could be argued that both are 'knock off' versions of Philosophy bath products.
The shower gel itself ticks all the boxes: it lathers up nicely, doesn't dry my skin out and still lingers for a good couple hours afterwards.

It's completely different to anything I've ever had in my shower, typically I always find myself buying either citrusy or sweet scents so this made for a refreshing (pardon the punn!) change.

The scent is a tricky one to explain, it's described as having hints of spicy clove, syrupy ginger, vanilla, sweet honey topped with zesty orange & stewed apple..and I can definitely smell elements of them all. 
I'm also pleased to say that the Cinnamon is not overpowering, leaning more to the fruity side of spice thanks to the orange and apple, compared to your typical Cinnamon scent.
If I could capture the smell of Christmas in a bottle - This would be it. 

After doing a bit of research, I found out that this shower gel was created by the public through a monthly competition on the brands website
The next limited edition is Iced Strawberry Dream, which will be available from June 2012 and looks to be a definite one I'm going to pick up.

Have you got any shower gels you'd recommend?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! Your blog is fascinating, honestly I love it! I'm your new follower honey. If you have few minutes look at my blog please. I'd be happy if you become my new follower, too. Xoxo Princess

    smellslikete3n-spirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your commen. It looks like we share the same interest. I am trying to follow you but can't see a GFC? Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...