Sunday 9 September 2012

Amelie's 1 Month Update | Baby Blog

I can't believe Amelie is officially one month old today! Time really has flown by - it literally seems only yesterday that I was arriving home with her from hospital.
It honestly has been a beautiful and very exhausting last few weeks since Amelie entered the world on Thursday 9th August and I thought I would let you all know how we're both getting along - Already I can see such a change in her!

Her arrival has definitely been a lifestyle change and a huge wake up call (punn intended!).
My life is divided into three hour instalments of changing nappies - feeding - winding and then the almost impossible task (especially at 3am) of sending her off to sleep again.



Measurements - 4 weeks 1day old.
           52cm tall
Amelie is gaining weight steadily, I must admit we haven't weighed her this week but last Wednesday (29th August) she was 3660g that's about 8.1lb an increase of nearly a whole lb!

Eye Colour - Blue!

Hair Colour - When she was first born she had very fine,  dark, brown hair. Now though it seems to have lightened in colour to a light, mousey brown.

Feeding - Amelie has a big appitite and feeding is something she demands immediately (or sooner if it was humanly possible!) once she has woken from her snooze! 
Her hunger level is something that has dramatically increased in the short time of being home. In the first two weeks she was given a 90ml bottle each feed but after regularly finishing her bottle and being left still hungry, this was soon changed to 120ml (each feed). She's fed roughly every 2.5 - 4 hours. Averaging about 7 120ml Bottles a day.

Winding - *Touchwood* Amelie has always been relatively good at being winded - as of yet I've never had to stay up all night with her crying in pain. It's weird, I find in the night she very rarely needs winding after being fed. It's also much easier to tell when she has burped - she has definitely inherited that one off her father! 

Sleeping - In the last few days I've started to see a pattern in her routine. My boyfriend and I usually start to go bed around the 9pm mark (he commutes to London and therefore has to get up at 5am during the week and I'm usually exahusted with the early morning feeds). By the time her bottles are made and we've got everything we need for her during the night, she usually wakes up and we give her a bottle. This sends her back off to sleep for a few more hours - stirring around the 1-2am mark for a change, wind and another bottle. 9 times out of 10 she'll wake just as Connor's leaving for work, between 5-5.30am for another feed, wind and change (if she needs it.) This is the time she's most hardest to get back to sleep and can take anything up to 4 hours until she finally decides to give in! From here on she falls asleep as and when she wants - 9/10 we finds she's always asleep if we go out for the day but that's most likely the result of motion from either the car or her push chair.


Outings - I must be honest I haven't really taken her out on my own as of yet, part of that is building up my confidence and partly to do with recovering from my labour and feeling physically strong enough to go out. I took her to our local GP last week because she had a really horrible cold and was being sick after every feed - fortunately she's recovered now. I'm also not well enough to drive (I have to wait 6 weeks to give my c-section time to recover - so I've been quite limited on what to do!) As a family we have been out a few times to mothercare etc and we even ventured into Frankie & Bennys last Sunday!

Date days/nights - We left Amelie in the capable hands of my mum while i went for a check up at hospital. On the way home though Connor put petrol in my diesel car so we had to wait for the recovery man to drain my tank! I could have found a better way of spending £100 but at least its a mistake he will not be repeating!

Highs this month? - Coming back home from hospital, my mum had decorated the house in banners for our arrival! Oh, and my first birthday as a mummy yesterday!




Lows this month? Connor returning back to work - Two weeks paternity is far too short :(


Funniest moments? - Every day Amelie does something funny! Funniest has got to be the time when she weed on the floor and the health visitor while she was being weighed!

Looking forward to? - Being able to drive again & making the most of going out in nice weather.


Least looking forward to? - Amelie has been referred to an Orthopaedic Centre next week as when she was examined to be discharged from hospital, they found she had a 'clicky hip' on her left leg.

Amelie's updates will always be on the 9th of each Month.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...