Sunday 3 February 2013

Stocking Up On Liz

With the winter (dare I say it) finally subsiding in the form of snow and weather back to its usual bi-polar self: torrential rain and icy sunshine. I thought I was in need of upping my skincare routine in favour of something a little more nourishing to be prepares for all drastic atmospheric changes.
This time, I'm back to my trusty Liz Earle - I've always had a bottle on the go in my bathroom for when breakouts occur but have never continued to use once things have cleared up. Not knowing how much of this I had left, I went ahead and purchased "January Skincare Essentials Regime" (Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser and a complimentary Gentle Face Exfoliator - Bonus!)
Here's a run down of my morning and evening routine that I've been keeping to this last month:
First I pump Cleanse & Polish once onto my fingers before distributing evenly in equal amounts on to a full face of make up. Making sure I leave the eye area till last, or things could get quite messy.
I then exfoliate using the accompanying Muslin Cloth with warm water, rinsing afterwards and repeating it if necessary.
Afterwards I use the Super-tonic Toner, it's herbly scented and gets rid of any stubborn last scrapes of make up. I'm currently using the spritzer version which sprays a very fine refreshing mist (- and a definite to pack in my case for my holiday next week).
I finish my Liz Earle love affair with their moisturiser in the combination/normal skin format, although they do have dry and oily versions available too.
Basics on. It's time to move on to eye-cream, a step I've always overlooked. Current choice is Origins "Ginzing". In truth I can't see any signs of reduced dark circles but it does layer nicely and is extremely lightweight. I'm determined to make a dent in the pot one small pea-sized amount at a time before purchasing something else (Suggestions on a better alternative would be greatly received).
For my night time routine I repeat the above stages but apply the moisturisers with a heavier hand to keep any dry patches at bay & finish with a layer of Carmex on my lips thrown on for good measure.
The results? Well I'm happy to report nasty blemishes are kept away, my skin looks far less red/blotchy, my make up application is far more even & my skin is super soft.
New year, New Skincare.





3 comments:

  1. I desperately need to get my hands on some Liz Earle goodies, looks fab x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to religiously use the cleanse and polish - I like the idea of keeping a bottle around for breakouts x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post, am in serious need of a good "break out" rescue solution I simply have to try this.
    love your blog
    xoxoxo

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...